Questions for Inspire staff about new logo:
1. What was the purpose of the change, why was a new logo needed?
2. What were the ideas/intentions given for the new logo?
3. Who was the designer?
4. Was the change necessary, and why?
5. What impact would the change have on the site?
6. Do you believe the change was successful? If so, why? If not, what could
have been done differently?
Case Study summary -
For my case study, I am conducting my own research into the rebranding of ReachOut.com, a Mental Health and Wellbeing website for Young People aged 14-25. This website was created in 1997, by the Inspire Foundation, with an aim to help a
million Young People lead happier lives by 2012. Since then, in the last year or so, ReachOut has been formed in Ireland and in the US.
About a year ago, RO.com changed their logo and also changed their forums to a whole new focus. Their old logo was changed to their current logo (which both can be seen below), to try and fit the new direction of the forums and the site in general.
I am going to be looking into the reasons behind the logo change, what effect it has on the website, and whether or not it was a successful change.
Comparison to similar Case Study -
Listed below are a number of websites with similar objectives to that of ReachOut. I have listed them as examples of different ways logos can be created for similar things.
Comparison Links -